Wednesday, November 12, 2014

KENNETH KEETON, MY DADDY, MY HERO! AND HIS YOUNGER BROTHER, HORACE KEETON!

Two great guys fought in World War II in the Phillipines. One came home. The other did not. Never met Uncle Horace. Always saw his picture on the wall next to the light switch by the door at Ma Keeton's house. Handsome guy. That's all I really know about him, except that he is buried a few feet from my Daddy, next to his Mom and Dad.

That's what war does. Takes away lives at such young ages, children and grand children never know them.

My Daddy, Kenneth, and My Uncle, Horace, were honorable men who fought for, died for and protected this country. Daddy came home but the war was always with him. I know that now but never understood it when I was growing up.

I just know he loved me, he loved my Mama and he loved my brothers. He loved us and provided for us and protected us. He was a great man who fought for this United States of America. God bless America, God bless my Uncle Horace and God bless my Daddy, Kenneth!!

No comments: