Friday, September 5, 2014

Be Great in the Midst of Criticism! by Joel & Victoria Osteen

From Joel & Victoria Osteeen....
TODAY’S SCRIPTURE September 5, 2014

“But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you.” (Matthew 5:44, NKJV)

TODAY’S WORD from Joel and Victoria

If you’re going to pursue greatness, if you’re going to be a great businessperson, a great teacher, a great parent, a great leader, you have to understand that not everyone is going to cheer you on. I’d love to tell you that your family, friends and co-workers will celebrate you, but that’s not necessarily the case. Some people simply can’t handle your success. As you grow and increase, as God pours out His favor on you, someone will get jealous. Someone will start finding fault. Don’t be surprised if a relative tries to belittle or discredit you. You can’t focus on making everyone around you happy or you’ll start changing and lose sight of what God has placed in your heart.

Remember, your destiny is too great to be distracted by people who are never going to affirm you. Don’t take it personally. It’s not about you. It’s their problem. Shake it off, run your race, and be great anyway.

Having greatness in the midst of criticism begins with forgiveness. Don’t hold a grudge. Bless those who curse you; pray for those who spitefully use you. As you keep doing what is right, God will honor you. He’ll promote you, and you’ll be great in the midst of criticism!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I come to You today with an open and humble heart. I choose to forgive those who have criticized me. I choose to bless those who have hurt me. I choose to be great because You have equipped and empowered me to be great in the midst of criticism in Jesus’ name! Amen.

— Joel & Victoria Osteen

Joel and Victoria bring blessings to millions around the world every single day. They are a light in the darkness, ever obedient to God. They lift me up with their daily devotionals and show me the importance of ever having my face turned toward God. There have been many dark days for me following God's purpose to fight the evil that is synthetic surgical mesh. The highlight of my week is Joel's Sunday sermons on TV. Always, always he brightens my spirit and shows me God's face through his personal joy in the Lord! Praise God! I am blessed.



No comments: